Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to ThriveThrough

Most features require that you have a registered account to view. If you already have an account you need to Sign In to view all of the features.

Sign In Sign Up
ProtectorCdn

You are not alone!

I was speaking with my wife why I created this club.

"This can't be it!" I said to her. Work lots of overtime, activities 4 days a week, help out your community and almost no time to prepare/ advance on my raised garden/ back to eden garden for my perennials. Enjoying living a far off wish that always escapes you.

I took me almost one whole summer to create my garden when three guys could have done it in 2-3 days. Their lots of people with no land or no involved community like me. Why can't we just help/ learn from each other and live that better life. Gardening/ canning/ preparedness/ security/ skills need to be taught. It looks easy on youtube; you try it and one just do this would have allowed you to complete that first pressure canning successfully.

3-4 GSD families could be well prepared in 1/10th the time of. One family giving it their all. Having fun and building community to boot. The results would be less stress/ increased productivity and real freedom because most families won't be prepared by themselves because of lack of skills or just life taking over. I'm guilty of this too. Hopefully my journey will help your push to acheive your preparedness.

This only works if everyone benefits! Let's say you live in Toronto/ montreal/ Ottawa and join a MAG I'm apart of. Everyone would help everyone else achieve 3 months of preparedness. Not always easy to store 3 months of preparedness in an apartment but if everyone helps it can be done. If you can't give so much time; then you barter or give $ so other can do your part. MAG'S support eachother businesses so the revenue of all should increase. Also say if you plant 30 fruit trees on my land that were protected, had automatic watering and you came to improve that homestead once in a while. 3/4s of the fruit would be yours. Maybe it's equal shares for all perennials on all properties. All I know is if you don't give a lot; Nobody's going to give you anything. We can it together and feed the whole MAG plus it's family's. The sky's the limit when a MAG is dedicated to providing for itself and it's safety.

Theirs another option that's frankly more actionable. We meet people online and we feel that we know them. My buddy from Westshieldoutpost.ca is like this. I'd already have started a traditional MAG if he wasn't in Manitoba but in a pooling MAG he'd be perfect. Great guy/ Nice family/ freedom, hard working man wanting to protect his family same as mine. (By the way encourage good people's businesses so they can better their communities) They give you good prices and everyone wins.

We meet once or twice a year because of distance. Once for a week or two is perfect to GSD and have campfires in the evening's. We start a fund. Say we're 3 people. All 3 must sign off on the reason for distributing said funds. Sickness/ jobloss/ preparedness/ land. The amount and reason must be oked by all. If you know a way to have money held until it's needed let me know. Maybe a treasurer I'd voted in. Maybe everyone holds their own money and funds are transfered when voted in.

Any constructive additions to this?

Don't give up! Lots of good people are looking for a real MAG like me.

Edited by ProtectorCdn
  • Like 1

This is exactly why we created ThriveThrough. We want people to band together and build prepared communities. Why waste time and energy doing it alone? We could be working together towards the same goals at 2-100 times the speed and efficiency. 

All it takes is someone stepping up and saying, "Let's do this"! Thank you @ProtectorCdn  for being one of those people. I hope this will inspire others to do the same.